Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Tue May 29, 2012
Police: NY Car Assist Leads to Wire Fraud Arrest
State police say a trooper who stopped for a disabled car in Westchester County discovered the driver was wanted by the Secret Service for an alleged $1 million wire fraud. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The arrest occurred Sunday evening on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers.
Darrin Foster, of the Bronx, is accused of stealing the money from his former employer, an investment firm in Westport, Conn.
Police also discovered that Foster allegedly had a suspended license for failure to pay child support.
They say he initially gave a false name and date of birth.
The name of his attorney was not immediately known.
He was held in Brooklyn for arraignment on federal charges.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.