Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
North Country News
Wed March 28, 2012
Police Say Body Is That of Missing VT Teacher
Vermont State Police say an autopsy has confirmed that a body found off a back road is that of a prep school teacher who disappeared while her son was left unharmed in her idling car. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Police say the death 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins has been ruled a homicide. Police have not released the cause of death.
Jenkins was reported missing Sunday night. Police found her car not far from her St. Johnsbury home. There was evidence of a struggle.
The body was found Monday.
Jenkins taught science and had served as the freshman girls' basketball coach at St. Johnsbury Academy, a boarding school that also serves as the public high school.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.