Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Wed March 28, 2012
Police Say Body Is That of Missing VT Teacher
Vermont State Police say an autopsy has confirmed that a body found off a back road is that of a prep school teacher who disappeared while her son was left unharmed in her idling car. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Police say the death 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins has been ruled a homicide. Police have not released the cause of death.
Jenkins was reported missing Sunday night. Police found her car not far from her St. Johnsbury home. There was evidence of a struggle.
The body was found Monday.
Jenkins taught science and had served as the freshman girls' basketball coach at St. Johnsbury Academy, a boarding school that also serves as the public high school.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.