Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Wed March 28, 2012
Police Say Body Is That of Missing VT Teacher
Vermont State Police say an autopsy has confirmed that a body found off a back road is that of a prep school teacher who disappeared while her son was left unharmed in her idling car. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Police say the death 33-year-old Melissa Jenkins has been ruled a homicide. Police have not released the cause of death.
Jenkins was reported missing Sunday night. Police found her car not far from her St. Johnsbury home. There was evidence of a struggle.
The body was found Monday.
Jenkins taught science and had served as the freshman girls' basketball coach at St. Johnsbury Academy, a boarding school that also serves as the public high school.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.