Police: Teen purchased Loko before he drowned
A store clerk allegedly sold four cans of a popular alcohol-laden energy drink to a teenager before he drowned in a pond in suburban New York. WAMC's Dave Lucas has more...
According to Newsday Westchester, state police said Rosa Saquinaula was issued a summons for selling 24-ounce cans of Four Loko to Santiago Mendia without asking for identification.
The 18-year-old Peekskill resident was found last Saturday in a pond off Route 9A.
An autopsy confirmed he died by drowning. Toxicology tests are pending.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.