Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Fri March 8, 2013
Poll: 41 pct in NY say Cuomo gun law 'about right'
The poll by NBC New York, the Wall Street Journal and Marist College found 19 percent of New Yorkers felt the gun law didn't go far enough.
Director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion Lee Miringoff says opposition to the law upstate effected the Governors approval numbers.
Overall, 56 percent felt Cuomo was doing a good or excellent job. That's down from 59 percent in October.
Thursday's poll questioned 814 adults Feb. 26 to Feb. 28, shortly after the new gun law was enacted. It has a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.
Director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion Lee Miringoff chats with Alan Chartock on this week’s Capitol Connection, which you can hear Friday night at 10:30, Saturday at 1 or anytime at wamc.org.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.