Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Fri July 29, 2005
Popular Pond and Dam Damaged By Deterioration, DEC Must Decide Whether to Rebuild
By Pat Bradley
Adirondack Mountains, NY – It's a popular stop along a well-used trail in the Adirondacks. Marcy Dam creates a picturesque pond with a beautiful vista of the Adirondack High Peaks. But the dam has sprung a leak and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation must now decide what to do about this and another earthen dam in the Adirondacks.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.