Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 29, 2005
Popular Pond and Dam Damaged By Deterioration, DEC Must Decide Whether to Rebuild
By Pat Bradley
Adirondack Mountains, NY – It's a popular stop along a well-used trail in the Adirondacks. Marcy Dam creates a picturesque pond with a beautiful vista of the Adirondack High Peaks. But the dam has sprung a leak and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation must now decide what to do about this and another earthen dam in the Adirondacks.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.