Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Fri July 29, 2005
Popular Pond and Dam Damaged By Deterioration, DEC Must Decide Whether to Rebuild
By Pat Bradley
Adirondack Mountains, NY – It's a popular stop along a well-used trail in the Adirondacks. Marcy Dam creates a picturesque pond with a beautiful vista of the Adirondack High Peaks. But the dam has sprung a leak and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation must now decide what to do about this and another earthen dam in the Adirondacks.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.