Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Mon October 21, 2013
Popular Upstate NY Concert Venue Getting Upgrades
The main gateway to a popular upstate New York concert venue inside a state park is getting a long-overdue makeover.
Work has begun on a $900,000 project to improve the main parking lot off the Route 50 entrance to Saratoga Performing Arts Center in Saratoga Spa State Park.
Rose Harvey, commissioner of the state Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, says the parking lot's crumbling conditions were a visible sign of the deterioration of New York's park system. The lot is the main entrance to SPAC, a popular venue for summer concerts as well as ballet and orchestra performances.
The parking lot will be repaved and new landscaping will be installed. The project is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2014 SPAC season.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.