Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Hudson Valley News
Wed November 21, 2012
Poughkeepsie Officials Discuss Future of Sales Tax Revenue
The City of Poughkeepsie will lose $2 million in Dutchess County sales tax revenue in 2013, but that was not the topic when County Executive Marcus Molinaro sat down with Mayor John Tkazyik and Common Council Chairwoman Gwen Johnson on Tuesday.
The discussion looked beyond next year and into the future, said Tkazyik.
“The county executive assured us that the City of Poughkeepsie will have a prominent seat at the table as we move forward in planning the redistribution of the sales tax formula and securing additional growth in sales tax revenues to the towns, cities, and villages of Dutchess County,” he said.
Molinaro is forming a task force of municipal officials on all levels to discuss and map out a plan for equitable sales tax distribution.