Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Hudson Valley News
Sat May 17, 2014
Poughkeepsie Organization Buys Performing Arts Center In Orange
A Dutchess County organization is purchasing a performing arts center in Orange County.
Mid-Hudson Civic Center, the non-profit organization that owns and operates Mair Hall and McCann Ice Arena in Poughkeepsie, and Ice Time Sports Arena in Newburgh, has signed an agreement to purchase the Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center. Mid-Hudson Civic Center has simultaneously entered into a management contract to operate the facility until the formal closing, which is anticipated in late July/early August. The Civic Center president anticipates new shows will be ready for Sugar Loaf in the early summer. Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center, in Sugar Loaf, is owned and operated by the non-profit Kings Theatre Company, which will stay involved via fundraising, volunteer recruitment and community outreach. Sugar Loaf Performing Arts Center has five performance venues, including an outdoor amphitheater.