Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
North Country News
Mon April 29, 2013
Power Company Proposes Fishing Pier in Vermont Town
A planning commission in St. Johnsbury, Vt., has approved a power company's proposal to build a fishing pier.
Planners have recommended a review of Green Mountain Power's offer.
The Caledonian-Record reports Green Mountain Power in February proposed installing the fishing pier at Fred Mold Park at the confluence of the Passumpsic and Moose rivers. After it's built, St. Johnsbury would take ownership and maintain it.
Town officials say the utility is proposing the pier in order to meet re-licensing requirements. Power companies seeking licenses are often required to construct public installations like fishing piers and canoe launches.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.