Most Active Stories
- New York Train Rider Contracts Measles
- NYS Senate Majority Leader Calls Report Of Federal Investigation "Irresponsible"
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- James Gurney "Watercolor In The Wild" And Dinotopia At Stamford Museum And Nature Center
- Hinsdale Residents Takes First Step To Recall Select Chair
The Power of Words
Fri August 27, 2010
The Power of Words -- FDR -- Day of Infamy Speech (with Joseph Persico)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (8/27/10 @ 1 p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Best Selling Author and Biographer Joseph Persico set the scene and provide context and analysis of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Day of Infamy Speech. In addition, listeners will have an opportunity to actually hear the speech as it was delivered on December 8th, 1941.