Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Power of Words
Fri August 27, 2010
The Power of Words -- FDR -- Day of Infamy Speech (with Joseph Persico)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (8/27/10 @ 1 p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Best Selling Author and Biographer Joseph Persico set the scene and provide context and analysis of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Day of Infamy Speech. In addition, listeners will have an opportunity to actually hear the speech as it was delivered on December 8th, 1941.