Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
The Power of Words
Fri August 27, 2010
The Power of Words -- FDR -- Day of Infamy Speech (with Joseph Persico)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (8/27/10 @ 1 p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Best Selling Author and Biographer Joseph Persico set the scene and provide context and analysis of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Day of Infamy Speech. In addition, listeners will have an opportunity to actually hear the speech as it was delivered on December 8th, 1941.