Most Active Stories
- Adirondack Park Agency To Consider Changes To State Land Master Plan
- NY's New Medical Marijuana Law Carries A "Wait"
- Albany Firefighters Public Appeal: Save Ladder 1
- WAMC’s Alan Chartock In Conversation with Malcolm Nance, International Terrorism Expert
- Archaeologists Excited By Finds Beneath Armory Building
The Power of Words
Sat August 14, 2010
The Power of Words - John F. Kennedy Inaugural Address (with Stephen Schlesinger)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (8/13/10 @ 1 p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. The series airs on the second and fourth Friday of each month. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Stephen Schlesinger, United Nations and Foreign Policy Specialist, Author and Political Commentator, set the scene and provide context and analysis of President John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address. In addition, listeners will have an opportunity to actually hear the speech as it was delivered on January 20th, 1961.