Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Power of Words
Sat January 29, 2011
President Dwight D. Eisenhower - Farewell Address (with James Ledbetter)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (1/28/11 @ 1p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Author and Historian James Ledbetter discuss President Dwight D. Eisenhower's Farewell Address. In addition, listeners will have an opportunity to actually hear the speech as it was delivered to a joint session of Congress on January 17th, 1961.