Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Power of Words
Fri January 21, 2011
President Lyndon Johnson - Voting Rights Speech (with Richard and Doris Kearns Goodwin)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (1/21/11 @ 1-3 p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Richard and Doris Kearns Goodwin discuss President Lyndon Johnson's Voting Rights Speech. In addition, listeners will have an opportunity to actually hear the speech as it was delivered to a joint session of Congress on March 15th, 1965.
The Power of Words is sponsored in part by New York State Council for the Humanities - ONLINE AT www.nyhumanities.org, and Einhorn Yaffee Prescott Architecture & Engineering P.C. ONLINE at www.eypae.com