Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Tue April 16, 2013
President Obama: It was terrorism
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says the explosions at the Boston Marathon are being investigated as an act of terror, although authorities still don't know who is responsible.
He called the bombing "a heinous and cowardly act" used to target innocent civilians.
Obama spoke to reporters at the White House after a briefing by his national security team.
Three people were killed, including an 8-year-old boy, and more than 170 were wounded in Monday's bombing at the famous marathon's finish line.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Hudson Valley News