Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
The Power of Words
Sat March 12, 2011
President Roosevelt - Great Arsenal of Democracy Speech (with Dr. David Woolner)
Albany, NY – ALBANY, NY (WAMC) - (3/11/11 @ 1p.m.) -- WAMC and the New York State Archives Partnership Trust New York Archives Partnership Trust present The Power of Words -- a year-long series of programs that follows American History through some of the most memorable political speeches of our time. On this program, WAMC's Alan Chartock and Roosevelt Historian and Author Dr. David Woolner discuss President Roosevelt's Great Arsenal of Democracy Speech delivered on December 29th 1940.
The Power of Words is sponsored in part by New York Archives Partnership Trust, New York Council for the Humanities, and Einhorn Yaffee Prescott Architecture & Engineering P.C.