Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Fri August 3, 2012
Presidential Inaugural to Feature Saratoga Water
Whoever wins the U.S. presidency, an upstate New York bottler will be a winner.
U.S. Senator Charles Schumer says that water from the Saratoga Springs Water Co. will be served at the presidential inauguration.
Schumer is chairman of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies. He says Saratoga Water and its iconic blue bottle will be the official water of the historic ceremonies, regardless of who wins the November election.
Schumer toured the generations-old plant in Saratoga Springs Friday with local officials and Republican state Senator Roy McDonald, who represents Saratoga County.
Saratoga water will be used at the swearing-in ceremonies of the president and vice president on the West Front of the Capitol and at the luncheon afterward. Schumer will be master of ceremonies for each event.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.