Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Thu January 10, 2013
Presidential inauguration to include NY products
New York wine and food will again be part of presidential inauguration in the celebration for President Barack Obama on Jan. 21. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details.
U.S. Senator Charles Schumer says the New York fare will be part of a traditional luncheon that will include the president, Vice President Joe Biden and congressional leaders.
The menu will include a wine from the Finger Lakes Region and another from Long Island; cheese from Cooperstown; honey from Rochester; apples from Columbia County for apple pie; and maple syrup from Dutchess County.
Schumer is again chairman of the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies and he picked the menu.
- © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.