Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon August 9, 2004
Presidential Series - Medicare
By Greg Dahlmann
Albany, NY – WAMC today begins a 12-part series designed to look at where the candidates stand on certain issues. In 2006 Medicare will start offering a prescription drug benefit to seniors. The law that set up this benefit - the Medicare Modernization Act - has been the subject of much debate- especially a provision that forbids the government from negotiating on behalf of beneficiaries for lower drug prices. As Greg Dahlmann reports, this debate has carried over into the presidential contest.