Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed February 20, 2013
"Priests of our Democracy" by Marjorie Heins
Marjorie Heins, author of Priests of our Democracy, and Albany Law Professor and WAMC commentator Stephen Gottlieb, author of the forthcoming Unfit for Democracy, will present their views of the U.S. Supreme Court at Albany Law School next Tuesday on February 26th, 2013 at 7:00 PM at the Albany Law School.
Heins’ book, Priests of Our Democracy: The Supreme Court, Academic Freedom, and the Anti-Communist Purge, covers the battles over academic freedom that played out across college campuses and in the courts in the early 1950s.
An activist, lawyer and journalist, Heins founded and directed the ACLU’s Arts Censorship Project, as well as the Free Expression Policy Project.