Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
WAMC New York News
Thu May 22, 2003
Prime High Peaks Property Obtained for Preservation
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – About ten thousand acres of prime land in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks have been acquired by the Open Space Institute for preservation. The property, generally known as the Tahawus Tract, includes land near the headwaters of the Hudson River, an historic abandoned village, and the first iron ore mine in the region. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.