Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu May 22, 2003
Prime High Peaks Property Obtained for Preservation
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – About ten thousand acres of prime land in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks have been acquired by the Open Space Institute for preservation. The property, generally known as the Tahawus Tract, includes land near the headwaters of the Hudson River, an historic abandoned village, and the first iron ore mine in the region. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.