Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed October 26, 2005
Privatization in Holyoke at center of debate
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Massachusetts State Legislature is considering a measure to ban privatization of water and sewer treatment plants. For the city of Holyoke, that issue is at the center of a debate between the mayor and city council.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.