Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Wed October 26, 2005
Privatization in Holyoke at center of debate
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Massachusetts State Legislature is considering a measure to ban privatization of water and sewer treatment plants. For the city of Holyoke, that issue is at the center of a debate between the mayor and city council.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.