Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Thu August 30, 2012
Problems Found At Mass. Police Drug Evidence Lab
Massachusetts State Police say a chemist at a drug evidence lab in Boston failed to follow proper procedures raising the possibility people were wrongly convicted.. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick ordered state police to shut down the lab Thursday amid an on-going investigation into the actions of a chemist who had worked at the lab for over 8 years. State Police believe the chemist, a woman whose name has not been made public, deliberately mishandled the testing of drug evidence. The chemist’s motive is unknown. Investigators are trying to determine the number of drug samples and cases affected. A state police spokesman said the lab primarily handled evidence from local police in Norfolk and Suffolk counties, including the city of Boston.