Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu May 26, 2011
Prof. Pauline Oliveros, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Deep Listening
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Professor Pauline Oliveros of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute explains the difference between passive hearing and active listening.
Pauline Oliveros is Clinical Professor of Arts at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. With a career spanning five decades, she is acclaimed internationally as a composer, performer and humanitarian. She has performed both internationally and domestically, including a performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington D. C.