Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Thu May 26, 2011
Prof. Pauline Oliveros, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - Deep Listening
Albany, NY – In today's Academic Minute, Professor Pauline Oliveros of the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute explains the difference between passive hearing and active listening.
Pauline Oliveros is Clinical Professor of Arts at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY. With a career spanning five decades, she is acclaimed internationally as a composer, performer and humanitarian. She has performed both internationally and domestically, including a performance at the Kennedy Center in Washington D. C.