Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue February 1, 2005
Profs Speak To Spitzer's Soc Sec Comments
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – New York's Attorney General spoke at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. yesterday, and denounced President Bush's idea to create private Social Security accounts. The President is slated to talk about the issue during his state of the nation speech tomorrow night. WAMC's Allison Dunne spoke with some political science professors in the Hudson Valley about how Spitzer's national comments might play into his run for state office.