Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Mon September 3, 2012
Progress Reported In Tornado Rebuilding
Volunteers are making progress in helping to rebuild tornado ravaged Springfield Massachusetts. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
A total of more than 1160 volunteer hours has been put into the rebuilding according to Steve Abdow of Springfield Community Together, the long term recovery group.
A survey commissioned by the long term recovery group last spring just shy of the one year anniversary of the June 1st tornado identified more than $1 million in unmeet needs. Abdow says not quite half the cases have now been closed.. Volunteers organized by St Mark’s Episcopal Church in East Longmeadow will be doing tornado recovery work over the Labor Day weekend.