Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
WAMC New York News
Fri December 2, 2005
Property Taxes May Double in 2006
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Some lawmakers in Ulster County New York say they are working on ways to reduce a suggested tax rate hike for 2006, that could be as high as 49%.
Others don't believe there's much that can be done to lower the proposed tax levy, which means taxpayers will be stuck with paying higher property taxes.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.