Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
WAMC New York News
Fri December 2, 2005
Property Taxes May Double in 2006
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Some lawmakers in Ulster County New York say they are working on ways to reduce a suggested tax rate hike for 2006, that could be as high as 49%.
Others don't believe there's much that can be done to lower the proposed tax levy, which means taxpayers will be stuck with paying higher property taxes.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.