Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri December 2, 2005
Property Taxes May Double in 2006
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Some lawmakers in Ulster County New York say they are working on ways to reduce a suggested tax rate hike for 2006, that could be as high as 49%.
Others don't believe there's much that can be done to lower the proposed tax levy, which means taxpayers will be stuck with paying higher property taxes.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.