Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue February 10, 2004
Proposed Cattle ID System Raising Concerns
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York farmers have a huge stake in federal plans to develop a tracking system for every cow in the US. A state legislator says such a plan would be too expensive for New York farmers. So she and farm organizations are working to make sure that any new federal system does not place an unfair cost burden on farmers. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.