Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed March 29, 2006
Protesters Boycott Indian Point Plant
By Deborah Runcie
Peekskill, NY – Over 500 members of at least 70 environmental, health and public policy advocacy groups boycotted yesterday's Nuclear Regulatory Commission's annual public meeting near the Indian Point nuclear power complex in northern Westchester. The commission gave Indian Point a thumbs up for its safety record, but the public groups gave a strong thumb-down. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.