Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Mon July 15, 2013
Protesters Rally And March Against Zimmerman In NY
Over a thousand people gathered in New York City’s Times Square to protest the Florida verdict acquitting George Zimmerman in the death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin.
The protesters first gathered in Union Square late Sunday afternoon for a rally dubbed "Hoodies Up for Trayvon." They hoisted placards bearing Martin's picture and chanted "Justice for Trayvon Martin!"
The marchers moved to Times Square where they thronged the busy intersection and blocked traffic for more than an hour before moving on. Police have not confirmed any arrests.
Earlier, at Manhattan's Middle Collegiate Church, many wore hooded sweat shirts in a show of solidarity. Martin was wearing a hoodie when he was shot.
The case has unleashed debate in the U.S. over racial profiling, self-defense and equal justice.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.