Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- Dr. Lynsey Romo, North Carolina State University - Weight Loss and Relationships
Hudson Valley News
Mon February 18, 2013
Protestors of Compressor Station Hold a Rally
The construction of a natural gas compressor station on a residential road in the Orange County Town of Minisink began in the fall; and activists and residents held a rally over the weekend in protest. They say their residential and agricultural town is not the place for the compressor station.
One of the speakers at the rally against Millennium Pipeline’s compressor station in the hamlet of Westtown was Angela Monti Fox. She is the founder of The Mothers Group, a global coalition of mothers who support sustainable energy.
She’s also the mother of documentary filmmaker Josh Fox, of “Gasland” fame, who was in Albany last week to protest the natural gas drilling process known as fracking, and New York State’s potential lifting of a fracking ban. Meanwhile, the U.S. Court of Appeals is expected this week to decide whether to grant a stay of construction, pending a full hearing of the residents’ case currently before the court, which challenges the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s approval of the compressor station project. Those working at the construction site during Saturday’s rally could not be accessed for comment.
New York News