Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
New England News
Sat March 23, 2013
Protests Planned Over Postal Delivery Cutbacks
Rallies are being organized on Sunday in Albany, Boston and other cities by the National Association of Letter Carriers to save Saturday mail delivery.
The president of a letter carriers union local in Springfield Massachusetts, Michael Harazmus, said it won’t just be postal workers who will be negatively impacted if six day a week mail delivery goes away.
Harazmus said the possible elimination of Saturday mail delivery is a result of a manufactured financial crisis. He blames a law that requires the Postal Service to fully fund all future pensions, something he said no other federal agency is required to do.