Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
Women in Science on the Air
Thu March 27, 2008
Prototypes as Gatekeepers - Consequences for Gender Participation in Computer Sciences
Stanford, CA – Women are less likely to seek careers in computer science than almost any other scientific job. A team of researchers at Stanford University is trying to determine why this is the case and what schools can do to try and improve programs to encourage more women to stay in computer sciences.