Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
WAMC New York News
Tue March 21, 2006
Psychological Support for Soldiers
By Deborah Runcie
Albany, NY – A new program has been created in New York's Capital District. It's called Veterans Intervention Program, known as VIP. It is a private not-for-profit organization that provides soldiers returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan, with an immediate and innovative response to the posttraumatic effects they may be experiencing.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.