Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue March 21, 2006
Psychological Support for Soldiers
By Deborah Runcie
Albany, NY – A new program has been created in New York's Capital District. It's called Veterans Intervention Program, known as VIP. It is a private not-for-profit organization that provides soldiers returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan, with an immediate and innovative response to the posttraumatic effects they may be experiencing.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.