Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
WAMC New York News
Tue March 21, 2006
Psychological Support for Soldiers
By Deborah Runcie
Albany, NY – A new program has been created in New York's Capital District. It's called Veterans Intervention Program, known as VIP. It is a private not-for-profit organization that provides soldiers returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan, with an immediate and innovative response to the posttraumatic effects they may be experiencing.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.