Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
New England News
Fri July 11, 2014
Public Service Collaboration Announced
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin and the University of Vermont have announced a collaboration to provide opportunities for graduate students to work in the public sector.
The Governor’s Cabinet Graduate Internship Program, administered by UVM, is open to graduate students at any Vermont public or private college or Vermont students at out-of-state graduate schools.
The service-learning program will have the students work with state officials and staff.
Governor Shumlin says they “...want to encourage and support the next generation of public servants...”.
The program begins this fall.