Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
WAMC New York News
Fri October 21, 2005
PVTA tries hybrid bus
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority ran its first diesel-electric hybrid bus this week on the Holyoke to Springfield line. Adding it to the P-V-T-A'S one hundred eighty-five bus fleet may change everything about the region's transit system.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.