Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri October 21, 2005
PVTA tries hybrid bus
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority ran its first diesel-electric hybrid bus this week on the Holyoke to Springfield line. Adding it to the P-V-T-A'S one hundred eighty-five bus fleet may change everything about the region's transit system.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.