Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Fri October 21, 2005
PVTA tries hybrid bus
By Jessica Bloustein
Holyoke, MA – The Pioneer Valley Transit Authority ran its first diesel-electric hybrid bus this week on the Holyoke to Springfield line. Adding it to the P-V-T-A'S one hundred eighty-five bus fleet may change everything about the region's transit system.
W-A-M-C's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.