Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New England News
Thu July 27, 2006
Quantifying the Value of Nature
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – How do you place a value on the air, water, and all the natural resources around you? Should you have to? Researchers at the University of Vermont say it's becoming increasingly important to be able to place a value on ecosystem resources. They plan to create a database of ecosystem service values for planners, developers, insurers, or anyone else who could be economically affected by the air, water, and soil. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.