Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Sat August 17, 2013
Quebec Delegate General Discusses Importance of New York-Quebec Relationship
The Quebec Delegate General is the province’s ambassador to the U.S. The government office he leads in New York is Quebec’s primary representation in the U.S., promoting provincial business, investment, government, education and cultural affairs. Delegate General Andre Boisclair is in Lake Placid this weekend to attend a cross border conference. He spoke with North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley about the economic links between Quebec and New York’s North Country.
Andre Boisclair became Quebec Delegate General in New York on November 12, 2012. He grew up in Montreal and was the youngest person ever elected to the Quebec National Assembly. He has held cabinet minister posts and from 2005 to 2007 led the Parti Quebecois.