Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
North Country News
Mon May 21, 2012
Quebec Premier to Visit Vermont, Sign Pact
Quebec Premier Jean Charest is due in Vermont this week to meet with Gov. Peter Shumlin and other business and government leaders. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
The visit is set for Thursday, when Charest and Shumlin are to gather at Shelburne Farms to sign an updated agreement between the state and the province on environmental, trade and other issues.
Charest is expected after that to attend the Vermont Business and Industry Expo at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center in South Burlington, as well as a reception later in the day at the University of Vermont's Billings Library.
Shumlin has said he wants to continue the good relations with Quebec that were a feature of his predecessor Governor Jim Douglas' time in office.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.