Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Tue March 18, 2014
"Radio Free Boston: The Rise and Fall of WBCN" By Carter Alan
In 1968 WBCN FM in Boston introduced underground rock to New England. As a parade of colorful characters passed by its microphones for 41 years, WBCN attained iconic status as one of the most important American radio stations in history.
A history of the radio station has now been written by Carter Alan, WBCN DJ for nineteen years. The title of the book is Radio Free Boston: The Rise and Fall of WBCN.
Arts & Culture