Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue March 18, 2014
"Radio Free Boston: The Rise and Fall of WBCN" By Carter Alan
In 1968 WBCN FM in Boston introduced underground rock to New England. As a parade of colorful characters passed by its microphones for 41 years, WBCN attained iconic status as one of the most important American radio stations in history.
A history of the radio station has now been written by Carter Alan, WBCN DJ for nineteen years. The title of the book is Radio Free Boston: The Rise and Fall of WBCN.
Arts & Culture