Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue March 18, 2014
"Radio Free Boston: The Rise and Fall of WBCN" By Carter Alan
In 1968 WBCN FM in Boston introduced underground rock to New England. As a parade of colorful characters passed by its microphones for 41 years, WBCN attained iconic status as one of the most important American radio stations in history.
A history of the radio station has now been written by Carter Alan, WBCN DJ for nineteen years. The title of the book is Radio Free Boston: The Rise and Fall of WBCN.
Arts & Culture