Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed October 16, 2013
Radio Legend Robin Quivers Celebrates Cancer Recovery, Lifestyle Change
The daily stresses of doing a morning radio show are nothing new to us here at WAMC. There are interviews to tape and edit, guests to track down, breaking news to cover.
But part of what makes it exciting is the chance to come to the studio day after day and put something new on the air.
For the past year and a half, radio legend Robin Quivers of the Howard Stern Show has been stuck at home, taking up her customary position as Stern’s partner and newscaster remotely as she battled uterine cancer.
For Stern and his fans alike, it’s impossible to imagine the satellite radio show without her, and the good news is, Quivers returned to the studio earlier this month after four rounds of radiation and chemotherapy, back across the studio from her partner of more than three decades.
Quivers says she’s now cancer-free, and she owes her recovery in large part to a healthy lifestyle than includes a plant-based diet. She is the author of The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life, which is published by Avery.