Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu March 4, 2004
Radioactive Accident in Western Massachusetts
By Kelly Wilkinson
Rowe, MA – An accident in Western Massachusetts on Tuesday involved radioactive material from a nuclear plant. The level of radioactivity was determined to be very low, but Yankee Nuclear Power Station has suspended shipments of similar material until they can determine what led to the accident. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.