Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu March 4, 2004
Radioactive Accident in Western Massachusetts
By Kelly Wilkinson
Rowe, MA – An accident in Western Massachusetts on Tuesday involved radioactive material from a nuclear plant. The level of radioactivity was determined to be very low, but Yankee Nuclear Power Station has suspended shipments of similar material until they can determine what led to the accident. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.