Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Mon August 13, 2012
Rally Held to Support Social Security Benefits
A group of individuals were in front of the Social Security office in Plattsburgh Monday to highlight the importance of the federal program.
The rally to celebrate the 77th anniversary of Social Security was also designed to focus attention on challenges facing the program as potential cuts are considered in Washington. Clinton County Legislator Tom Wood, the Area Representative for the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, organized the local rally.
Those at the rally expressed concerns about Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan’s proposed budget, which would cut social programs including Medicare and Social Security benefits.