Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
Tue March 27, 2012
Rare child survivor Hess recalls Holocaust
More than one million children are estimated to have been killed in the Holocaust, with only a tiny number surviving the pogroms and death camps that decimated Europe's Jewish population during Hitler's expansion.
One survivor, along with his twin sister, somehow beat the odds. Steven Hess tells his story publicly tonight in Albany. He spoke with WAMC's Alan Chartock.