Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Tue March 27, 2012
Rare child survivor Hess recalls Holocaust
More than one million children are estimated to have been killed in the Holocaust, with only a tiny number surviving the pogroms and death camps that decimated Europe's Jewish population during Hitler's expansion.
One survivor, along with his twin sister, somehow beat the odds. Steven Hess tells his story publicly tonight in Albany. He spoke with WAMC's Alan Chartock.