Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu June 30, 2005
Rare Sighting of Whooping Crane in Vermont
By Pat Bradley
Cornwall, VT – A rare whooping crane that was apparently thrown off course during her migration to the Midwest has ended up in rural Vermont. Bird-watchers have been able to observe the bird for over a week as it forages in farm fields in Addison County.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.