Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
WAMC New England News
Wed February 22, 2006
Reaction to Harvard's President's Resignation
By Dan Bobkoff
South Hadley, MA – Avoiding a further battle with disgruntled faculty, Harvard's president Lawrence Summers announced yesterday that he will be leaving the university at the end of this academic year. His departure ends a tumultuous tenure lasting only 5 years-the shortest at the school since 1862.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff spoke to academics in the five-college region about the implications of Summers' resignation.