Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New England News
Wed February 22, 2006
Reaction to Harvard's President's Resignation
By Dan Bobkoff
South Hadley, MA – Avoiding a further battle with disgruntled faculty, Harvard's president Lawrence Summers announced yesterday that he will be leaving the university at the end of this academic year. His departure ends a tumultuous tenure lasting only 5 years-the shortest at the school since 1862.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff spoke to academics in the five-college region about the implications of Summers' resignation.