Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New England News
Wed February 22, 2006
Reaction to Harvard's President's Resignation
By Dan Bobkoff
South Hadley, MA – Avoiding a further battle with disgruntled faculty, Harvard's president Lawrence Summers announced yesterday that he will be leaving the university at the end of this academic year. His departure ends a tumultuous tenure lasting only 5 years-the shortest at the school since 1862.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff spoke to academics in the five-college region about the implications of Summers' resignation.