Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
WAMC New England News
Wed February 22, 2006
Reaction to Harvard's President's Resignation
By Dan Bobkoff
South Hadley, MA – Avoiding a further battle with disgruntled faculty, Harvard's president Lawrence Summers announced yesterday that he will be leaving the university at the end of this academic year. His departure ends a tumultuous tenure lasting only 5 years-the shortest at the school since 1862.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff spoke to academics in the five-college region about the implications of Summers' resignation.