Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Fri July 27, 2012
Reality Shows Coming to Dutchess
Dutchess County plans on getting a dose of reality – on television, that is. Two “reality” based production teams are gearing up for local shoots, according to the Dutchess Economic Development Corporation.
“Tourism has been responding to a number of calls for films, commercials and reality shows,” noted EDC member Andrea Reynolds, in a report made to the board at Thursday's quarterly meeting.
“American Pickers is looking to come to Dutchess County,” Reynolds said, “so, if you have a barn or shed full of stuff, let [deputy county tourism director] Lydia Higginson know, it would be very helpful.” A second program, called “Unshippables,” also expressed interest in Dutchess. The show revolves around unusual things to ship, that normally can't be sent using regular transportation vehicles,” Reynolds said.
During the first half of 2012, over 225,000 people visited the county's redesigned web site, Reynolds said. “All the work that Tourism has done with historical sites and other venues has increased the number of visitors to Dutchess County, and there's more people that will be coming,” Reynolds said.