Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue May 18, 2004
Recommendations to Regents to Amend Middle School Curriculum
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – The New York State Education Department Commissioner has presented a series of recommendations to the State Board of Regents. At the middle school level, those proposals include cutting back on non-core subjects so that more time is available to improve performance in core subjects like math, reading and English. But some in the education field say there does not appear to be a clear purpose to some of those recommendations. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.