Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri December 13, 2013
Red Kettle Appeal
Due to the shorter holiday shopping season, The Schenectady Salvation Army is more than $20,000 behind in red kettle donations – and also in toy donations that it begins distributing next week to hundreds of families. Kettle donations are down across the Capital Region, according to Major Michael Himes of the Schenectady Corps.
The Schenectady Salvation Army is scheduled to begin donating toys to more than 200 children on Tuesday – and Himes is concerned they won’t have enough. Toy donations can be dropped off at the Schenectady Corps, 222 Lafayette Street, Schenectady, NY.
For information or to sign up to ring a kettle, call 518.346.0222.
New York News