Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed October 15, 2003
Regents Exams Criticized
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – The requirement that students in New York State pass five Regents exams to earn a high school diploma has been the focus of debate and controversy. Recently state officials lowered the passing grade on the exams from 65 to 55, but now opponents of the testing requirement charge that the exams are holding back minority students. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.