Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Wed February 1, 2006
Regulations Force Schools to Up Heat
By Pat Bradley
Essex Junction, VT – Some Vermont schools are trying to save money by turning down the heat, in some cases dropping the thermostat to 65 degrees. But they've had to turn the temperatures back up after finding they've run afoul of regulations setting a minimum temperature. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.